- 1 Can I cook rice in an air fryer?
- 2 Would I suggest cooking rice in an air fryer?
- 3 What about vegetable rice or fried rice? Can I cook vegetable rice in an air fryer?
- 4 People Also Ask
- 4.1 How do I put rice in the air fryer for cooking?
- 4.2 Do I need to preheat air fryer for cooking rice?
- 4.3 At what temperature should I cook rice in my air fryer?
- 4.4 Can you cook raw rice in an air fryer?
- 4.5 Can you air fry frozen rice?
- 4.6 Can you steam rice in an air fryer?
- 4.7 Can my Ninja Foodi make rice?
- 4.8 How do I cook rice in my Ninja air fryer?
- 4.9 How do you cook rice in Ninja Foodi Max?
- 4.10 Can you cook rice a roni in an air fryer?
- 5 Last Verdict
You have tried or seen many recipes that can be made by using the air fryer. Some need greasing to develop crisp or some recipes need not a single drop of oil to cook. There are so many questions and queries that are related to air fryers. Many of them are answered so clearly. But still, there are some queries that are still so confusing about the air fryer cooking.
Can I cook rice in an air fryer?
There are mixed answers about it but from my experience, my answer would be:
Yes, you can cook rice in an air fryer. But it takes more time and you need to be more alert about the water and the timing as you are not able to see it. You need to stop the air fryer every time to check, which is a bit irritating. If you are out of the instant pot or direct cooking of rice then only an air fryer is a good option.
I tried to cook white boiled rice in the air fryer. I took 1 cup of rice with 2 glasses of water added a little salt and left it for 10 minutes. When I checked it after 10 minutes it was not even boiled. So again I set the timer for more than 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes rice was still not cooked properly. It took more than half an hour to cook. The rice took more time than the normal cooking time in fact took thrice time more to cook rice properly.
The second day, I tried it by adding boiled water instead of normal water to reduce the cooking time. This time I was so precise about the water quantity. Thankfully this experiment went well. Boiling water reduces the cooking time. But still, it took around 25 minutes to cook rice.
Air fryers are really in hype these days. Every second person is obsessed with it. The hype is also worth it because it reduces the number of calories and yet you enjoy your yummy foods, especially the fast foods. Fried foods like french fries, chicken wings, steaks, and much more can be enjoyed without deep frying just because of the air fryer.
Would I suggest cooking rice in an air fryer?
The answer is No. It took too much time than the normal cooking time. It makes me so conscious and had my attention throughout the cooking. I would not suggest cooking rice in an air fryer because there is no point to use an air fryer for cooking simple boiled rice. It increases the cooking time. If an air fryer is the only option left to cook boiled rice then it is fine, you can cook. But if you want to save your time so cook them in the instant pot or in a simple pot.
The reason is that you are already not saving any calories by cooking rice in the air fryer. The calories remain the same, and the taste remains the same, so there is no point to use an air fryer and cook 10 minutes of rice for 20 minutes at least. It’s just a waste of time.
In fact, you are also not able to keep an eye on the rice situation from an air fryer. Every time you need to stop the air fryer, remove the basket and then check the rice. Whereas, in the normal pot, you can directly see the rice without any steps followed.
What about vegetable rice or fried rice? Can I cook vegetable rice in an air fryer?
Yes, you can. But the same rule applies here. It will take more time and effort to cook vegetable rice. As far as fried rice is concerned, in an air fryer, it will also require little oil to give it a fried taste. So, if you are running out of the instant pot or the normal pot then only cooking vegetable rice and fried rice are good to cook in the air fryer. Otherwise, a NO from my side just because it takes more time.
You can also check this cool video for fried rice in an air fryer:
People Also Ask
How do I put rice in the air fryer for cooking?
It’s simple. Take an oven-safe bowl and add water and rice to it and put it in to the air fryer. Make sure the bowl is not large enough that it gets stuck in the air fryer.
Find out whether you can put silicone accessories in an air fryer
Do I need to preheat air fryer for cooking rice?
No, there’s no need to preheat air fryer for cooking rice.
At what temperature should I cook rice in my air fryer?
I would recommend setting the temperature to 360 degrees for 20 minutes when cooking rice. You can also check this article for air fryer cooking times.
Can you cook raw rice in an air fryer?
Can you air fry frozen rice?
Can you steam rice in an air fryer?
Can my Ninja Foodi make rice?
Find out if you can put a plate in an air fryer.
How do I cook rice in my Ninja air fryer?
- Fill the Ninja air fryer with 3 cups of rice.
- Fill the saucepan with 3 cups of water and, if desired, salt. It will operate with either room temperature or cold water. Cover the rice with water after gently pushing it down. The rice will not cook evenly or at all if it is not covered with water. It should not be stirred.
- Secure the pressure cooker lid. Make sure the valve is in the “Seal” position. Cook for 4 minutes on “Pressure.”
- Allow the air fyer to do a ten-minute natural steam release after the cooking period is finished.
- To release any remaining steam, carefully turn the valve to “Vent.” Remove the lid and use a spoon or spatula to fluff the rice.
How do you cook rice in Ninja Foodi Max?
- Add 2 cups brown or white rice, cooked in your Ninja Foodi and 2 1/2 cups water if cooking white rice and 2 1/4 cup water if cooking brown rice (amount of water will vary based on whether you prefer it wet or dry)
- Replace the non-attached pressure cooker lid and set the steam valve to seal.
- Turn on the pot, set the pressure to high, and set the timer for 2 minutes for white rice or 15 minutes for brown rice.
- If you’re cooking white rice, let it sit for 10 minutes before quick-releasing it.
- Allow 5 minutes for natural pressure release before releasing the remaining pressure if cooking brown rice.
- Serve immediately after fluffing.
Can you cook rice a roni in an air fryer?
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees and coat the tray with nonstick frying spray. Place rice balls in the air fryer with enough space between them to allow air to flow. Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown rice balls.
If time is not your concern then you can cook rice in an air fryer. It will take more time but can cook rice for you. You need to be a little more attentive to check in between the cooking.