The Breville Bambino Plus Espresso Machine is an absolute must-have if you’re looking for a dependable espresso machine that features high-quality parts and an easy-to-use design. It has a number of features that are only occasionally found in the best coffee makers.
The cost may appear to be a little high, but there are plenty of extraction customization features packed in that rarely make it down to this price range, which makes it an excellent buy for both beginners and more advanced at-home baristas alike. Today in this article, I am going to share the steps to set up and use your Breville Bambino Plus Coffee Maker and in last I have also shared the reason behind achieving the same taste every time as any coffee from Starbucks.
Breville Bambino Plus Coffee Maker really is one of the best espresso machines that can be purchased at this time, and it can brew a variety of cups of coffee every day, each with its own unique grind size, flavour profile, and roast.
If you are concerned about the quality then don’t worry the Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCA) has validated each of the automatic and programmable brewers, which means they all come with thermal carafes and a seal of approval (SCA).
Breville Bambino Plus Coffee Maker
This coffee maker costs around $500. This additional cost is well worth it to ensure that you get a shot of consistently high quality every time you require one because it allows you to:
- Control the milk temperature and texture
- Heats up in three seconds
- Has fully customizable pre-infusion settings
- And uses professional-grade baskets.
How to set up a coffee maker?
Let’s take a look at the setup first:
- Wash all the parts and accessories and dry thoroughly before use.
- Fill the water tank with fresh water to the indicated max line and then place the water tank back into the machine
- Choose the right filter basket for the coffee you’re making. Use a two-cup filter basket when making two coffees or when you want a stronger coffee on the other hand if you are making a single cup coffee or a weaker coffee use the one-cup filter basket. You might have noticed there are both single and dual wall filter baskets with your machine.
- When your coffee beans are at their peak of 5 to 30 days out of roast use the single wall filter basket but if they’re older than 30 days or the bag has a best before or use by date use the dual-wall filter basket.
- Now power it up by pressing either the one cup, two cup or steam buttons press the 1 cup button and the machine will commence its first use cycle once complete the machine will go into ready mode and all the lights will be illuminated.
- Now the coffee machine is set up you’re ready to make your first coffee.
How to use Breville Bambino Plus Coffee Maker?
Taking you specifically through the Breville Bambino Plus, it is a great entry-level machine for home use. It’s pretty simple to use. In Bambino plus you obviously get the Machine, you get a filter, you get a little milk jug and you also get a tamper.
- We’ve got three functions for the espresso shots so they are :
- a single shot button
- a double shot button
- a steam button
- At the back of the machine, there’s a water reservoir. I would recommend using filtered water.
- Grind your coffee beans freshly, it would give a rich taste to your coffee.
- Take milk in the given jug, just place it under the steamer on the milk sensor and it’ll do the work for you (that’s a pretty cool function)
- Take 16 grams of ground coffee and we are looking for 30 grams of espresso out. its optimum time is about 30 to 36 seconds and that’s when the espresso will be tasting the richest.
- Distribute the coffee evenly and simply tap and by using a tamper press it is not too heavy-handed.
- Chuck the porter filter in.
- Put your cup now.
- Then press the single shot or double shot button and let the machine do its magic.
- Brewed coffee with a nice aroma will start dripping.
- Once dripping stops, you are good to go for adding steamed milk and any of your sweetener, cream, ice etc.
Note: If you really want to have the perfect espresso at home then a perfect set of scales is key.
How to achieve the same taste of coffee every time I brew?
To achieve the same taste and flavour you must know:
- Full-bodied espresso with rich and complex flavours is created using the ideal dose of 16 to 22 grams of freshly ground beans with a brew water temperature delivered at precisely 200 degrees Fahrenheit, just like a commercial machine you’ll also need the right pressure during the extraction.
- Powerful steam pressure at around 260 degrees Fahrenheit is essential for creating shiny silky micro-foam that has a rich velvety mouth feel without micro-foam latte art is impossible.
- You can also customize the taste of your coffee by balancing the amount of coffee, temperature, frothing, milk, sweetener etc. There is a whole science behind making a good cup of coffee.
What are the specifications of the Breville Bambino Plus Coffee Maker?
- Brand: Breville
- Coffee Maker Type: Espresso Machine
- Manufactured on: October 5, 2018
- Model Name: The Bambino Plus
- Model Number: BES500BSS1BUS1
- Weight: 3.1 pounds
- Wattage Power: 1560 watts
- Voltage: 120
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Reservoir capacity: 64oz
- Size: 12.5 x 7.6 x 12.2 inches
- Accessories: Tamper, trimming tool, milk pitcher, cleaning tools, four baskets
- Features: Automatic milk frothing, pre-infusion, adjustable milk temperature and texture
- Warranty: 2 years, limited
- Rating: 4.4 stars on Amazon