The winter season is around the corner, and it is winter already in many places around the world. Or maybe you are in a place where it is cold throughout the year. A cup of coffee makes winters cozier and loveable. What if you do not have a coffee maker? Will you not enjoy the coffee then?
There is a solution to every problem, and here we will discuss “how to brew coffee beans without a coffee maker.”
Having hot beverages in winters gives a much-needed warmth. No matter if you are a seasonal coffee lover or loves to drink throughout the year. This article will help those who love to drink coffee but are stuck in a situation where there is no coffee maker.
Before brewing, there is a step of grinding coffee beans. Suppose you have grounded coffee beans, then it is okay. But if you are not, try one of the following ways to grind your coffee beans.
By Using Blender
A strong blender that is strong enough to cut seeds and beans can solve your coffee grinding problem.
You can add coffee beans and blend them quickly until you get your required ground form.
By Using Rolling Pan or Hammer
Rolling pans are must-have kitchen tools, and hammers are available in every house. You can grind your coffee by taking its beans in an air-tight or polythene bag. Use a rolling pan or hammer to crush the beans. Hit the beans and crush them till you get the suitable form.
By Using Hand Mincer
Hand mincers can be used to grind the coffee beans. Place coffee beans and apply the force to crush them. Repeat the process till you get the required ground form of coffee.
By Using Starbucks Grinding Facility
Yes right. You can also grind your coffee beans from your nearest Starbucks for free. If you are lucky enough to have Starbucks near your place, then avail this free grinding option from your nearest Starbucks.
How to Brew Coffee Beans Without a Coffee Maker
Once you are done with the grinding, the second step is Brewing.
Technically, brewing coffee from the coffee maker gives the actual taste and flavor. The reason is that it uses steam and a fixed amount of pressure for a particular time. By definition, the methods we are going to share are not the authentic way of brewing, but still, we can replicate its taste and flavor to meet the original brewing level.
So, without further delay, let us jump into the possible ways that how to brew coffee beans without a coffee maker:
This is an old method used to make a few cups of coffee by hand whisking. This will not make an espresso shot, but you can make Cappuccino, latte, mocha, and all those coffees that require milk.
So, let’s check out the trick for this method.
- Take a mug in which you want to drink coffee.
- Add 1 tsp of grounded coffee.
- 1 tsp of sugar or as per taste.
- Now add 1 tsp of hot water.
- Mix the ingredients continuously with a spoon for 8 to 10 minutes.
- The mixture will change its color to milky brown, and the consistency will be creamy and thick.
- At this point, add hot milk.
- And stir it.
- You can also add hot chocolate, caramel syrup, sweetener, cream, or milk foam. Hence, totally on you how you make it more fancy and tasty.
By using a Moka Pot. Moka pots are the simplest and cheapest coffee brewing tool. Readily available online at an affordable price. Let’s find out how to brew coffee beans without a coffee maker using Moka Pot.
Moka Pot contains three compartments. The bottom one is for water. The middle one is for coffee, and the top part is where your brewed coffee comes from. The steps to use Moka Pot are as follows:
- Disassemble the Moka Pot first.
- Fill the bottom part with water below the round ring.
- Now fill the middle section with grounded coffee.
- Then assemble the Moka Pot.
- Please keep it on medium flame.
- After around 3 minutes, the coffee will start brewing.
- Once the upper section is filled, remove the pot from the stove.
- Your espresso coffee is ready to be used for different variations of coffee.
- Take hot water with temp around 200F in the saucepan and add grounded coffee. For every 6 ounces of water, add 2 tsp of coffee. It will make a strong cup of coffee. You can adjust water and coffee as per your taste.
- Keep the burner at medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Turn the burner off and let it sit for 4 minutes.
- Strain the coffee, and your espresso shot is ready.
Use instant coffee sachets. Multiple companies make instant coffee sachets for the instant need of coffee. Some sachets need to add hot water, and some need hot milk only.
You can find them from your nearest grocery store or supermarket.
Some Iced/Chilled Coffee Recipes
Iced latter is one of the most common chilled coffee liked and drunk by people worldwide.
- Double espresso shots
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tsp condensed milk
- ¼ chilled water
- ¾ glass of ice cubes
- In a separate cup, mix milk and condensed milk.
- Take a glass or mug in which you want to enjoy your iced latte and add ice.
- Now add double espresso shots, water, and milk mixture.
- Please give it a good mix. Enjoy your Iced latte.
Affogato is one of the best Italian desserts for coffee lovers. It contains vanilla gelato, ice cream, or cheese gelato with an espresso shot.
Two scoops of vanilla gelato or vanilla ice cream or cheese gelato
One espresso shot
To make Affogato follow the following steps:
- Take two scoops of any of the mentioned gelato or vanilla ice cream or any flavor of your choice.
- Add espresso shot on top.
- Sprinkle chocolate chunks(it is optional).
- Your affogato is ready to be enjoyed.
Lotus Iced Latte
If you love the flavor of lotus spread and biscuits, then you would love this latte as well.
- 2 tsp lotus spread
- Sweetener of your choice
- Some lotus biscuits crushed for topping
- 1 cup milk
- ½ bowl ice cubes
- Whipped cream
- Two espresso shot
- In a glass, add lotus spread, sweetener, and milk.
- Use a handheld frother to mix the ingredients and make it foamy.
- Add ice cubes, and an espresso shot and mix it with a spoon. ( Not having handheld frother? Read the alternative below)
- At last, layer the coffee with whipped cream and sprinkle crushed lotus biscuits on top.
- Your yummy lotus iced latte is ready to be served.
What to do if not having handheld milk frother?
If you are in a situation where a handheld milk frother is unavailable, you can use our trick to make your milk foamy. For this, take a bottle, and do the following:
- Take an empty bottle.
- Add milk into it. Make sure the bottle is half empty.
- Close the bottle tightly.
- Now give it a good shake, at least for a few minutes. Once your required foam is formed, stop shaking.
- Frothed milk is ready to be used.