- 1 Some of the Answers to your Frequently Faced KitchenAid Stand Mixer Problems
- 2 Is it normal for KitchenAid mixer to shake?
- 3 What do you do when your KitchenAid mixer stops working?
- 4 How to replace the bowl lift arm?
- 5 Why my kitchenaid mixer bounces when mixing?
- 6 Adjusting the height of the beater
- 7 How to fix the lose lock of KitchenAid stand mixer?
- 8 What to do if KitchenAid mixer will not lock in up position?
- 9 Why does my KitchenAid mixer throw flour?
- 10 How do I keep flour from flying in my KitchenAid mixer?
- 11 How much flour can a KitchenAid mixer handle?
- 12 How to remove the stand mixer attachments?
- 13 Can a KitchenAid mixer overheat?
- 14 Why does my KitchenAid mixer smells like burning?
- 15 Why does Kitchenaid make grinding noise?
- 16 Do KitchenAid mixers need to be oiled?
- 17 How do I lubricate my KitchenAid mixer?
- 18 How do I maintain my KitchenAid mixer?
- 19 How do I clean the beater?
- 20 Why does my KitchenAid mixer only works on high?
- 21 How to do the lock lever replacement?
- 22 How to do KitchenAid Carbon Brushes Replacement?
- 23 Can I use a paddle instead of a dough hook?
- 24 Last Verdict:
Stand mixers are used by approximately all of us especially by those who love baking. When we talk about stand mixers KitchenAid Stand Mixers are always on the top list. If you are not having it then you can check out our tricks on What Can I Use IF I Don’t Have Stand Mixer? We have suggested several times the best options for the stand mixer but this time we are here to cater for the Kitchenaid stand mixer problems.
After buying any of the products especially electronic equipment it needs maintenance or tricks of handling. Lack of knowledge, experience or understanding to the machine creates lots of trouble and problems. With little effort, we can fix the problem. Here are some of the answers tou your frequently faced KitchenAid stand mixer problems.
Some of the Answers to your Frequently Faced KitchenAid Stand Mixer Problems
Is it normal for KitchenAid mixer to shake?
Yes. It is normal for the stand mixer to shake a little while working. But abnormal shake or jerk needs to be look after. It could be due to lose fittings, too low or too high height of beater, or the bowl is not placed properly. Fix all of the mentioned minor issues to remove the unnecessary jerk.
What do you do when your KitchenAid mixer stops working?
How to replace the bowl lift arm?
The lift arm is a small plastic part of the stand mixer that connects the lift handle with the bowl support. When this lift arm stops working or breaks down it stops supporting the bowl or the lift handle doesn’t work. At this point you need to change your lift arm by following the below steps:
- Remove the cover first but before that, you need to remove the ring around the cover by unscrewing the single screw at the backside of the stand mixer. Then remove the 4 screws.
- After removing the cover you will get access to the internal parts and motors. Here you need to remove the motor by deattaching the wires from the control board. Before deattaching mark each wire so that you can reattach them properly afterwards.
- Now it is time to remove the screws that are used to fix the motor and gear cover. Unscrew them and remove the gear cover and motor.
- After removing the motor you would get access to the screws that join the head of the stand mixer to the mixer stand. Remove those screws and separate the head from the stand.
- Now you have access to the bowl lift arm. If it is broken or damaged, you need to replace it.
- First, unlock the lift arm by removing its C-clip then unscrew the lift handle and then pull it outwards to take it out. The broken lift arm would leave the lift handle that can be discarded if damaged.
- Now place the new bowl lift arm and lock it with its C-clip.
- Its time to reverse the whole steps by placing lift handle again in the stand and screwing all the joints, motor, gear case and wires again.
- Make sure not to skip any of the steps while reversing the steps.
Why my kitchenaid mixer bounces when mixing?
The reason for the mixer bounces/shake/jerk when mixing could be anyone of the following:
Loose beater fitting
While changing the attachment, loose fitting of the whisk/beater can result in a bouncing mixer.
Fixing the loose beater:
Tilt the head of the stand mixer and fasten the beater more tightly/properly so that it will not bounce or jerk while mixing.
Too low or too high beater fitting
Too low or too high beater would hit the bowl aggressively and in result could bounce while mixing. It is quite simple to fix. Adjust the height of the beater in such a way that it would not touch the bowl surface.
Adjusting the height of the beater
Tilt the head of the stand mixer and find the screw that is joining the head with the stand mixer. It is responsible for fitting and adjusting the height of the beater. The height of the beater can be adjusted with a slight movement, not more than a quarter turn towards the right for lowering the beater and left for increasing the height. Make sure not to turn more than a quarter of a turn.
How to fix the lose lock of KitchenAid stand mixer?
This is a very common problem that many of you had faced or facing after multiple uses or even after many years of use. The stand mixer could not lock properly and got lose. There is a quick fix to this problem. Follow the steps and thank me later.
- Tilt your stand mixer.
- Find a screw that is in between the stand mixer’s head and the stand.
- Tighten the screw.
- Then check the lock.
- You would be surprised to see the results.
What to do if KitchenAid mixer will not lock in up position?
The reason could be behind the KitchenAid mixer not locking in up position is the majority of times due to the low height of the Mixer’s head. Adjust the height by the screw given to adjust and check the lock position. Make sure your stand mixer is turned off and the wire is unplugged before adjusting. Hopefully, your problem will solve by doing this.
Why does my KitchenAid mixer throw flour?
Kneading in a stand mixer needs both patience and techniques. Adding all the flour at once and kneading with the stand mixer would throw the flour all around. Either you need to be mentally ready for a little mess while kneading. Or in case you do not want any mess then add flour in the mixing bowl slowly and gradually so the flour may not spill out.
Also, make sure the kneading attachment should be low enough that it could knead the flour properly. Too much high height of kneader attachment can also be the reason for throwing flour all around.
How do I keep flour from flying in my KitchenAid mixer?
How much flour can a KitchenAid mixer handle?
How to remove the stand mixer attachments?
In order to change the stand mixer attachments like whisk or beater etc. You need to follow the steps:
- Lift the already attached attachment towards up and turn it to the clockwise direction and then pull it towards down.
- The attachment will come out then place the other attachment by attaching it in a way that it can fix the design and turn it to right.
- This will lock the attachment and it will not come out during working.
Can a KitchenAid mixer overheat?
Why does my KitchenAid mixer smells like burning?
Why does Kitchenaid make grinding noise?
Do KitchenAid mixers need to be oiled?
How do I lubricate my KitchenAid mixer?
How do I maintain my KitchenAid mixer?
Warm soapy water and a sponge are all you need to clean your KitchenAid mixer. Remove any attachments and thoroughly clean the spring and pin that your attachments are attached to. Some food can stuck in these, especially if you start the machine on the highest speed and spatter your batter all over the place before cleaning it out.
How do I clean the beater?
- To clean the beater, soak it in warm soapy water and scrub it with a nylon scrubber.
- KitchenAid suggests using a powdered cleaning product designed to eliminate oxidisation.
- The beater will not be as glossy, but the oxidation will be removed, and foods will not be discoloured.
Why does my KitchenAid mixer only works on high?
How to do the lock lever replacement?
Replacing any part of the machine is a bit technical and needs careful attention. For replacing a lock lever you need a screwdriver and a new lock lever that you want to replace.
- Firstly, you need to remove the cover but before that, you need to remove the ring around the cover by unscrewing the single screw at the backside of the stand mixer. Then remove the 4 or as many screws as you see.
- After removing the cover you will get access to the internal parts and motors. Here you need to remove the locking lever by unscrewing the screw that is holding it in the stand mixer.
- After unscrewing remove the old lever and place the new one in the same position in which the old one was placed.
- Screw it again to fasten the lever.
- Now, reattached the parts in the same way you can detach them.
How to do KitchenAid Carbon Brushes Replacement?
Replacing the carbon brush of KitchenAid is quite easy and simple. It hardly takes a minute to replace. Follow the following steps to replace the KitchenAid carbon brush:
- Find a screw just above the locking lever. There would be a black screen on the upper side of the locking lever.
- Unscrew that area.
- Carbon brush will come out along with spring.
- Change it and screw it again.
Can I use a paddle instead of a dough hook?
These were the answers to some frequently faced problems by the KitchenAid stand mixer users. Hope it may help you to solve your problems regarding KitchenAid stand mixers. In case it may not help you so you can contact the customer support service or claim the warranty if its valid. It would be preferably better if a person familiar with technical and mechanical knowledge may replace parts. This may reduce the chances of any further damage or mishandling.