- 1 How to use an Air Fryer?
- 2 What is an Air fryer all about?
- 3 Some Safety Precautions To Take When Using Your Air Fryer:
- 4 Top 9 Air Fryer Mistakes That You Might Be Doing
- 5 People Also Ask:
- 5.1 Do you put oil on a air fryer?
- 5.2 Can you cook raw chicken and fries together in air fryer?
- 5.3 What is the best thing to cook in an air fryer?
- 5.4 Can you open air fryer while cooking?
- 5.5 Can you put raw meat in Airfryer?
- 5.6 Do you have to wash air fryer after every use?
- 5.7 What happens if you dont clean air fryer?
- 5.8 Should you preheat an air fryer?
- 6 Conclusion
Congratulations !!! For your new Air fryer or if you are planning to have a new one. I have covered lots of topics regarding Air Fryer. So, this time I came across a very basic question “How to use an Air Fryer?”
How to use an Air Fryer?
It’s very simple like any other kitchen appliance. You just need to keep some basic points in mind before using an air fryer.
Let’s start with the new air fryer. I am going to tell you how can you use your new air fryer.
- Unbox all of the items that are contained within the box. Don’t freak out if you smell something that smells strongly of plastic at first. This indicates that your air fryer has never been used and is in its original packaging. After a few uses, the scent won’t be as strong and will vanish soon.
- When you have finished removing everything from the box, it is highly recommended that you wash all of the pieces that can be removed. You will notice that the basket is perforated with small holes that allow any oil or grease that has accumulated on whatever you are cooking to drain away. This excess oil is collected in the drawer of the air fryer, ensuring that none of it makes its way into your meal.
- Start the air fryer with nothing in it and let it run for about ten minutes. You can give it a try now that you’re all set.
Note: If your air fryer is not new you just need to preheat it 3 to 5 minutes before using it.
- Maintain a steady presence of the grate in the basket. This not only enables hot air to circulate around the food but also prevents the food from becoming saturated in oil as it cooks.
- Use air fryer parchment paper as it will make cleaning soo easy.
- Air fryers produce a lot of noise. You’ll be able to hear the whirring of fans whenever it’s operational.
- Even browning requires you to take the basket out of the oven and rotate the food every few minutes. It is acceptable to take a peek inside the basket when it is pulled out. This can be done at any point during the process of cooking the food. There is no need to turn off the machine because it will do so for you once the basket has been removed.
- Do check that the drawer is pushed all the way in, otherwise, the power won’t come back on. You will be able to tell because the air fryer will all of a sudden become very quiet.
- The food will cook very quickly, much more quickly than you are accustomed to! It is among the most beneficial aspects of using an air fryer. It’s likely that the manual that came with your air fryer has a handy table with cooking times and temperatures for various foods. The cooking time will be reduced proportionately to the amount of food in the basket; conversely, the longer it will be the more food there is.
It’s possible that the temperature needs to be adjusted slightly because air fryers cooking time is not the same as an oven.
What is an Air fryer all about?
- It’s not a deep fryer, instead, an appliance that uses air to generate hot temperatures.
- It doesn’t require too much oil like traditional frying, instead, it just needs a little to no greasing.
- They are similar to ovens but not as big as them, instead, air fryers are purely designed for less oil consumption.
Read more: Air Fryer vs Oven
Some Safety Precautions To Take When Using Your Air Fryer:
Once you understand the core purpose of an air fryer let’s move towards some precautionary tips that would help you use an air fryer more easily. The following are some safety precautions to take when using your air fryer:
- You should never put oil in the basket of an air fryer because it is not designed for the traditional method of oil frying but rather for air frying.
- It is extremely important that you carefully read and comply with all of the safety instructions which are included in the user manual for your air fryer.
- Always prepare food in a room that has adequate ventilation. Allow the exhaust to properly ventilate by leaving a large amount of space around the air fryer. It should not be placed too close to the wall because it requires space to collect air from the surrounding.
- It is important to be aware of the smoke point of the cooking oils you use. It is possible that avoiding the use of oils with low smoke points or cooking at a lower temperature would be preferable. On the heating element, you do not want any smoke, burning, or splattering from the oils.
- Similarly, when preparing certain foods that can produce smoke or become burned need to be aware of the smoke point of the fat you are using in the cooking process. In order to prevent the food from smoking or becoming burned, it is best to cook them at a temperature that is lower than the smoke point. For example, I cook the bacon in an air fryer at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After use, take precautions to prevent burns to your hands and countertops from the hot air fryer basket. When I remove the hot basket from the air fryer, I usually place it on a silicone trivet or a pot holder/hot pad.
- When you are finished using the air fryer, make sure to unplug it.
- Under no circumstances should you place your air fryer on the stove.
Read more: Is an air fryer healthier than a deep fryer?
Top 9 Air Fryer Mistakes That You Might Be Doing
Mistake 1: Investing In A Cheap Air Fryer
Mistake 2: Overloading the Basket
Mistake 3: Amount of Oil
Mistake 4: Oil Applying Techniques
Mistake 5: Keep Check on The Food
Mistake 6: Not Giving Enough Air to Your Air Fryer
Mistake 7: Not Cleaning Air Fryer Just After the Use
Mistake 8: Putting Wet Food in Air Fry
Mistake 9: Not Using Air Fryer Sensibly with Tools
For more details, read: Top 9 Air Fryer Mistakes That You Might Be Doing
People Also Ask:
Do you put oil on a air fryer?
Can you cook raw chicken and fries together in air fryer?
A significant number of recipes for the air fryer call for temperatures that are lower than those called for in their conventional equivalents. Despite the fact that this might smell fishy, just go with it. To reiterate, air fryers heat up very quickly and circulate the hot air within them; consequently, setting the temperature at a slightly lower level will assist in preventing the food from becoming overly dark or crispy on the outside, while ensuring that the interior remains adequately cooked.